WP_Dependencies is a class defined in
wp-includes/class.wp-dependencies.php that helps process items in an order defined by dependencies (a dependent item is processed later than a dependency). It's an abstract class in that it's intended to be extended, rather than used directly.
WP_Dependencies is the base for
WP_Styles, and is a collection of
An item goes through various stages of processing as various methods are called:
query() method can be used to determine whether a given item is in a given stage.
Separate processing runs can be identified by different groups (identified by integers). For example, items output in the document <head> might go in one group, while items output in the footer may go in another. An enqueued item that was processed in a group associated with an earlier run is skipped in later runs. The base
WP_Dependencies doesn't create groups on its own; child classes must do this.
Methods and Properties
- registered items. An item must be registered before it can be processed.
- items to process during the next run. Not necessarily in order.
- items to process during the next run, in processing order.
- items that have already been processed.
- query string arguments for the items.
- (internal) records earliest group each item was processed in.
- (internal) current group.
- do_item( $handle )
- Process an item. Must be overriden by children. Return TRUE if item was successfully processed.
- do_items( $handles = false, $group = false )
- process items in $handles (defaults to $queue).
- all_deps( $handles, $recursion = false, $group = false )
- Recursively builds array of items to process taking dependencies into account. Does NOT catch infinite loops.
- add( $handle, $src, $deps = array(), $ver = false, $args = null )
- Adds the item only if no item of that name already exists
- add_data( $handle, $key, $value )
- Adds extra data if an item with the given handle has already been added.
- get_data( $handle, $key )
- Gets data associated with a certain handle.
- remove ( $handles )
- Unregister items.
- enqueue ( $handles )
- Add item to the processing queue.
- dequeue ( $handles )
- Remove item from the processing queue.
- query ( $handle, $list = 'registered' )
- Check whether given item is in the given stage (registered, enqueued/queue, to_do, done).
- set_group ( $handle, $recursion, $group )
- set the group for the given handle and (if not recursing) the current run.
WP_Dependencies is located in