_WP_Dependency is a class defined in
wp-includes/class.wp-dependencies.php that holds information about an items in a
WP_Dependencies queue. This class is internal to
There are two different properties that hold additional information for an item: $args and $extra. The former is a scalar that holds registration data (data provided when the item was added to the dependency queue). For example, $args for
WP_Styles holds the stylesheet media, whereas for
WP_Scripts, it's a dependency group. $extra is an array that holds arbitrary data added via
add_data(). For example, it can hold the title of a stylesheet or raw style rules.
Methods and Properties
- item identifier.
- URL associated with item (in practice, items are web resources).
- handles of other items that this items depends on.
- $ver = FALSE
- version for item
- $args = NULL
- extra information provided when item was registered.
- Array of extra data.
- bool add_data( $key, $value )
- Adds extra data to an item.
- bool all_deps( $handles, $recursion = false, $group = false )
- Recursively builds an array of items to process while taking dependencies into account.
- bool add( $handle, $src, $deps = array(), $ver = false, $args = null )
- Registers an item if no item of that name already exists
- string get_data( $handle, $key )
- Gets data associated with a registered item
- void remove ( $handles )
- Unregister an item or items
_WP_Dependency is located in