WordPress.org

Codex

IRC Meetups/2006/June/June07RawLog

[17:03] <photomatt_lap> okay, let's get started
[17:03] <photomatt_lap> <meetup>
[17:03] <undersigned> :)
[17:03] <photomatt_lap> who's not idling today?
[17:03] <Podz> not idle
[17:04] <tunicwriter> not idle
[17:04] <PotterSys> not idle
[17:04] <undersigned> not idle
[17:04] <nettrust> not idle
[17:04] <photomatt_lap> not bad :)
[17:04] <tunicwriter> that's an effective roll call, heh.
[17:04] <mdawaffe> sometimes idle
[17:04] <gsnedders> not idle
[17:04] <photomatt_lap> we actually have topics this week, so it should be spicy
[17:04] <gsnedders> topics? wow. not had that for a while.
[17:05] <photomatt_lap> yeah, you topicless bums!
[17:05] <photomatt_lap> I had to make them up myself ;)
[17:05] <photomatt_lap> first up:
[17:05] <photomatt_lap> Timeline for 2.0.4 bugfix release
[17:05] <photomatt_lap> the story:
[17:05] * Joins: rbore1
[17:06] <photomatt_lap> 2.0.3 had some bugs that weren't caught, markJ wrote an awesome plugin but we need to do another release to make 2.0 stable again
[17:06] <photomatt_lap> on the plus side, 2.0.3 is super-secure
[17:06] <photomatt_lap> the backported nonce stuff seriously makes it the most secure release ever, way better than most OS PHP projects out there
[17:06] <Podz> another full release or a couple of files only?
[17:07] <photomatt_lap> I'm thinking a good time for 2.0.4 would be mid-July
[17:07] <photomatt_lap> that should give us time to catch any other bugs, and also some upgrade breathing room
[17:07] <photomatt_lap> people hate it when releases are too close to each other
[17:07] <rbore1> there are ready several files changed
[17:07] <tunicwriter> And testing room!
[17:07] <photomatt_lap> Podz: I don't know yet, but if fewer than 10 files are changed we could list them in the announcement post
[17:07] <rbore1> test now
[17:08] <photomatt_lap> any more than that, and it's more trouble to list and track them, and more prone for people making mistakes
[17:08] <photomatt_lap> so we can just say "overwrite everything"
[17:08] <photomatt_lap> with a big * by it
[17:08] <photomatt_lap> that goes to the Book of Upgrading on the Codex, 10,000 words on everything that could ever go wrong with an upgrade and put the Fear of Podz into their hearts ;)
[17:08] <Podz> so testblogs, with plugins, try and break?
[17:08] <Podz> heh
[17:09] <photomatt_lap> yes
[17:09] <rbore1> dogfood the 2.0 branch constantly
[17:09] <photomatt_lap> in theory now that we're doing more frequent syncs with wp.com the nonce code should be a lot more solid
[17:10] <photomatt_lap> over the next month
[17:10] <Podz> Can an svn blog be downgraded to 2.0.3?
[17:10] <photomatt_lap> but testing 2.0 specific bugs is really important
[17:10] <photomatt_lap> Podz: there are some DB changes, I'm not sure what would happen
[17:10] <photomatt_lap> so probably not
[17:11] <Podz> fair enough, I'm on svn with a few plugins and nothing breaks
[17:11] <mdawaffe> Testing trunk, sadly, isn't good enough
[17:11] <photomatt_lap> yep
[17:11] <mdawaffe> http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-June/006658.html
[17:12] <rbore1> nope especially given the difficulty of backports
[17:12] <mdawaffe> That's my hypothesis as to why the slashing was never noticed
[17:12] <photomatt_lap> interesting
[17:12] <photomatt_lap> nice catch
[17:12] <rbore1> and that some of us never edit comments
[17:12] <photomatt_lap> rbore1: you need to let your inner control freak out
[17:13] <Podz> I posted to the testers list about it but it may have been lost in the noise
[17:13] <photomatt_lap> testers list is fairly dead
[17:13] <rbore1> I just delete comments
[17:13] <photomatt_lap> as is the docs list
[17:14] * tunicwriter hasn't recalled a post to the docs list in a month or so, maybe...
[17:14] <Podz> bug bounty :)
[17:14] <photomatt_lap> there was one I think, but docs discussion seems to have shifted to wp-forums, strangely
[17:14] <photomatt_lap> also lorelle isn't contributing to codex any more, and michaelH is much quieter
[17:15] <photomatt_lap> anyway, we're tangenting
[17:15] <photomatt_lap> any other thoughts about 2.0.4?
[17:15] <photomatt_lap> or as I plan to call it, 2.0.4ever!!!
[17:15] <photomatt_lap> (hopefully the last release of 2.0 branch)
[17:15] <Podz> hey - you said that before :)
[17:15] <undersigned> 2.0.4ever is a cool name
[17:16] <Podz> 1.5.4ever :)
[17:16] <rbore1> 4evah
[17:16] <tunicwriter> 4ev
[17:16] <mdawaffe> 4awhile, says the cynic :-P
[17:16] <tunicwriter> 4now
[17:16] <photomatt_lap> Podz: yes, when you were vowing to never upgrade from 1.5
[17:17] <undersigned> lol
[17:17] <Podz> yeah well .... no risks back there
[17:17] <photomatt_lap> mdawaffe: ha!
[17:17] <mdawaffe> Has Podz upgraded?
[17:17] <Podz> svn :)
[17:17] <photomatt_lap> that's a good question
[17:17] <photomatt_lap> Podz: what eventually tipped the scales for you?
[17:17] <mdawaffe> sweet mercy
[17:18] <Podz> photomatt_lap - some new plugins I wanted to play with. That and I maintain blogs that use 2
[17:18] <photomatt_lap> okay that's added as an official topic now
[17:18] <tunicwriter> He got tired of hearing about all the sweet new features on the forums and wanted to play with them himself.
[17:18] <photomatt_lap> "Why people upgrade"
[17:18] <photomatt_lap> are there any other people who were originally holding out on 1.5 here?
[17:18] <photomatt_lap> I'm curious to hear if they upgraded, and if so why
[17:18] <Podz> I have a 1.2 blog still :)
[17:18] <tunicwriter> I have b2 blogs still...
[17:18] <photomatt_lap> 2.0 had the most pushback of any release, but the download numbers have been higher
[17:19] <mdawaffe> b2 0.7 is teh coolest!
[17:19] <mdawaffe> I think asking why people don't upgrade is a natural complementary question
[17:20] <photomatt_lap> I compiled some stats on this
[17:20] <Podz> knowing what they have. worrying.
[17:20] <photomatt_lap> 1.5 - 83 days 2,506 / day
[17:20] <photomatt_lap> that's how long it was out, and how many downloads per day
[17:20] <photomatt_lap> 2.0 - 36 days 5,115 / day
[17:20] <undersigned> wow
[17:21] <mumbles_laptop> seconded ^
[17:21] <mdawaffe> (my question is perhaps easier to answer, but harder to address)
[17:22] <nettrust> i already upgraded...
[17:22] <photomatt_lap> mdawaffe: what do you mean?
[17:22] <Podz> I know people on 1.5 who are waiting on 2.1 - simply because they want to jump but don't want to upgrade too quickly after
[17:22] <nettrust> the very moment 2.0 appeared
[17:23] <mdawaffe> people *don't* upgrade because it's a lot more painful than installing was, even with all the help people provide.
[17:23] <mdawaffe> that and the occasional plugin incompatibility
[17:23] <undersigned> a lot of people dont upgrade because they're too lazy
[17:23] <Podz> View Levels plugin. No equiv to that around afaik
[17:24] <rbore1> Plugin compat is the big problem
[17:24] <mumbles_laptop> yes
[17:24] <rbore1> I thought there was a new view levels out
[17:24] <mdawaffe> really? what plugins (besides View Levels as Podz mentioned) break?
[17:24] <mumbles_laptop> plugins need to be tested and checked off against a list. - i will help with this as soon as ive got the hang of svn
[17:24] <nettrust> hmmm, i don't have problems with my plugins, though those blogs are well established and developed
[17:24] <Podz> undersigned - i think it's also because they just don't understand that their posts are in the database and the thought of deleting a file scares them
[17:25] <undersigned> Podz: yea, probably that too
[17:25] <Podz> fantastico installs. Nothing upgrades.
[17:25] <nettrust> there's backup plugin there...
[17:25] <nettrust> maybe it should be integrated in wordpress releases?
[17:25] <mumbles_laptop> Podz, i think thats th problem
[17:26] * Quits: gsnedders
[17:26] <undersigned> yea, but a backuping function should be standard in wp imho
[17:26] <mumbles_laptop> backup plugin should be set as defult and have a backup now bit on the frountpage
[17:26] <undersigned> like in mint - just takes a copy of the tables and name them bak1_tablename etc
[17:27] <undersigned> and then they are listed as backups in the administration, with a timestamp..
[17:27] <mumbles_laptop> that would be nice
[17:27] <Podz> heh - you'll have people selecting all then copying a 40meg bb_log_table :)
[17:27] <nettrust> people are not familiar with mysql... that's the main problem here
[17:27] <undersigned> Podz: yep .. :)
[17:28] <mumbles_laptop> make backing up the database as easy as possible.
[17:28] <```go> it already is
[17:28] <photomatt_lap> I think backing up is over-rated
[17:28] * photomatt_lap ducks
[17:28] <mdawaffe> rbore1: http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Matt/2.0_Plugin_Compatibility#Plugins_that_don.27t_work There don't seem to be *too* many here.
[17:29] <nettrust> are db's different in 2.0 and older versions?
[17:29] <photomatt_lap> the DB schema changes a good bit
[17:29] <mdawaffe> photomatt_lap: In the sense that most hosts do it already?
[17:29] <Podz> There's a few issues: 1 - Selling the upgrade well. 2 - Plugins 3 - the actual process I think (1) is problematic, hence some waiting
[17:29] <mumbles_laptop> did anyone log that trole attack we had on #wp the other day ?
[17:29] <undersigned> photomatt_lap: might be overrated - but giving the users a feeling of security is important
[17:29] <rbore1> Plugins that SELECT are likely to break
[17:30] <nettrust> maybe there should be an option to backup the db and then upgrade wp... and some html link to downgrade back to the older version
[17:30] <```go> I think that skippy plugin works well
[17:30] <```go> backs it up no-problem
[17:30] <mumbles_laptop> so do i- but for non tech bloggers it becomes a problem
[17:30] <photomatt_lap> I think backups should be handled at the host level, yes
[17:31] <Podz> nettrust - it's not the db as much as all the other files. I keep tidy directories. I have seen disaster areas too.
[17:31] <photomatt_lap> if someone is too inexperienced to handle anything but the bundled plugin, they're certainly not going to be able to restore from backup if anything goes wrong
[17:31] <nettrust> btw, you remind me to backup the db... :)
[17:31] <mumbles_laptop> good point photomatt_lap
[17:31] * Joins: skeltoac_lappy
[17:32] <photomatt_lap> but arguing against backups is like saying kittens aren't cute
[17:32] <```go> ahh, so you think, but a big button in the gui "BACKUP WORDPRESS" and "RESTORE WORDPRESS" would help out your computer illiterate sister?
[17:32] <mdawaffe> The new import/export is very nice. Not comprehensive, but easy as pie.
[17:32] <undersigned> lol
[17:32] <undersigned> nice parallel
[17:32] <mumbles_laptop> ```go, it would help out the person who has to clear up the mess
[17:32] <photomatt_lap> the idea with the new import/export is not really backup, but "in case shittake" you don't lose what's really important - posts and comments
[17:33] <mdawaffe> right
[17:33] <photomatt_lap> I think we've covered that, next topic - 2.1!
[17:33] <nettrust> ```go: that would be very helpful! :)
[17:34] <undersigned> zzZZZ, boooring, who wants to discuss 2.1 stuff
[17:34] <mdawaffe> (2.1love)
[17:34] <undersigned> .oO( ;0) )
[17:34] <photomatt_lap> I think we should aim for late july 2.1
[17:34] <Podz> Bookmarks. Many many forum questions will arrive.
[17:34] <photomatt_lap> maybe the 21st? that'd be a little too cutesy
[17:34] <tunicwriter> 22nd! My birthday :)
[17:34] <undersigned> 2.0.4 mid-july, 2.1 in late-july?
[17:34] <```go> yea, restoring might be nice, and easy button sort of speak " I think navicat has something like that?
[17:34] <Podz> Late july is cool - I'm off to crete in August :)
[17:34] <photomatt_lap> a couple of things to talk about there
[17:35] <photomatt_lap> Podz brought up bookmarks
[17:35] <photomatt_lap> we may want to rename those back to links, just so people don't notice as much change there right away :)
[17:35] <Podz> I think a readme will do - it'll just cause questions :)
[17:36] <nettrust> Podz: i'd be there in the first half of july... :)
[17:36] <```go> :)
[17:38] <photomatt_lap> if we want to get close to that date, we need to go into bug-fix mode pretty soon
[17:38] <Podz> so when will it go beta?
[17:38] <photomatt_lap> which brings the question, are there any features that ABSOLUTELY CAN'T WAIT until the next release?
[17:38] <nettrust> i would like to test it... :)
[17:38] <nettrust> matt: that backup option maybe?
[17:39] <photomatt_lap> k
[17:39] <photomatt_lap> other ideas?
[17:39] <```go> oh yea, a easier way to set pages to a url of your choice would be nice
[17:40] <```go> I am using a plugin for that atm
[17:40] <nettrust> maybe to make html page headers more custom?
[17:41] <mumbles_laptop> a easy reright rule plugin or something ?
[17:41] <nettrust> title and meta tags
[17:41] <mumbles_laptop> nettrust, theres a plugin for that about i think
[17:41] <```go> Mark Jaquith page to link plugin
[17:41] <mdawaffe> Increase pluggability of inline uploading: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2794 , http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2682
[17:43] * Quits: skeltoac_lappy (Nick collision from services.�)
[17:43] <photomatt_lap> it'd be nice if there was an easy way to add tabs to the inline uploader
[17:43] <photomatt_lap> without overwriting the whole thing
[17:43] <mdawaffe> photomatt_lap: agreed
[17:43] <```go> photomatt_lap, and change the song from "HELLO DOLLY" to Frank Sinotra's "That's Life" would be nice!!
[17:43] * Joins: skeltoac_lappy
[17:43] <nettrust> lol! :)
[17:44] <skeltoac_lappy> inline uploader will get a makeover soon
[17:44] <mdawaffe> speaking of inline uploading. skeltoac, I assume you saw the shuttle mockups for it
[17:44] <photomatt_lap> we'll have to vote on the song
[17:44] <photomatt_lap> and gettext it
[17:44] <skeltoac_lappy> mdawaffe: yes
[17:45] <rbore1> shuttle pretty much ignored it
[17:45] <skeltoac_lappy> mdawaffe: their solution may or may not be what I use
[17:45] <skeltoac_lappy> it definitely needs to be more pluggable
[17:46] <```go> I think the plugins work well
[17:46] <skeltoac_lappy> Thumbnailing and adding other attachment type plugins will be considered
[17:46] <mdawaffe> I do like the way they handled the linking and thumbing.
[17:46] <skeltoac_lappy> adding tabs is a must
[17:46] <```go> considering who writes the plugins
[17:47] <mdawaffe> skeltoac: can it just be made into a regular WP admin page? So submenus (tabs) come for free.
[17:48] <skeltoac_lappy> mdawaffe: somewhere over the rainbow is a patch I wrote that did exactly that ;-)
[17:48] <mdawaffe> sweet
[17:48] <photomatt_lap> any other 2.1 must-haves?
[17:48] <skeltoac_lappy> I'll be digging it up again and working out some kinks... one day.
[17:48] <rbore1> an out of band inline uploader? :-)
[17:49] <skeltoac_lappy> outboard uploader
[17:49] <skeltoac_lappy> mmm boating
[17:49] <photomatt_lap> I think easier upload pluggability would be a must-have for 2.1
[17:50] <photomatt_lap> to the extent plugins are the impetus for upgrading, we should encourage cool ones
[17:50] <rbore1> yep
[17:50] <undersigned> is widgets gonna be included by default?
[17:50] <photomatt_lap> undersigned: good questions, I haven't thought about it
[17:50] <photomatt_lap> what do you guys think?
[17:50] <Podz> how can you include by default?
[17:50] <nettrust> yeah, easier plugin integration...
[17:50] <rbore1> sure
[17:50] <mdawaffe> I think with the recent security hoopla, we should really shift to widposts instead of widgets
[17:50] <photomatt_lap> GROAN!
[17:50] <```go> I say definitely a new song
[17:51] <mdawaffe> EH-OH!
[17:51] <rbore1> I still get frothy rants about that
[17:51] <photomatt_lap> rants about what?
[17:51] <photomatt_lap> Podz: well it would not be a plugin, and the functions could be move to core
[17:51] <rbore1> GET
[17:52] <Podz> photomatt_lap - ah, right :)
[17:52] <photomatt_lap> that way it'd allow themes to take advantage of it without relying on a plugin being active
[17:52] <mumbles_laptop> that would be good
[17:52] <mumbles_laptop> widgets also make the themes mor custimable as well
[17:52] <```go> this may sound stupid, but also ad a count down counter to how many more days bush will be in office
[17:53] <```go> hehe
[17:53] * mumbles_laptop wonders what happend to his typing then
[17:53] <```go> ahh, maybe best to leave politics out of it
[17:54] <photomatt_lap> indeed
[17:54] * Quits: tunicwriter ("Leaving"�)
[17:54] <photomatt_lap> my inclination is to allow themes to be more badass, and widgets encourage that
[17:54] <photomatt_lap> alo makes it easier for olks who can't / won't edit their templates to upgrade and customize
[17:54] <photomatt_lap> so
[17:55] <undersigned> i think widgets should be default
[17:55] <rbore1> Badass++
[17:55] <photomatt_lap> I'm for it right now, but I'll pose it on wp-hackers to get some more opinions
[17:55] <undersigned> sorry for me being afk, my wife is pms'ing
[17:55] <mdawaffe> photomatt_lap: Trac detected an internal error: database is locked
[17:55] <mdawaffe> anymore 2.1 news?
[17:56] <rbore1> death to comox
[17:56] <```go> new themes
[17:56] <rbore1> we should name it after you
[17:56] <skeltoac_lappy> there's an outside chance that the widgets code would be better maintained if it were core
[17:57] <photomatt_lap> mdawaffe: probably a textdrive prob, I'll check it out
[17:58] <mdawaffe> heh
[17:58] <mdawaffe> I also like badass. core++
[18:00] <photomatt_lap> k
[18:00] <photomatt_lap> so
[18:00] <photomatt_lap> upload pluggability
[18:00] <photomatt_lap> widgets
[18:00] <photomatt_lap> are to be looked at
[18:00] <skeltoac_lappy> sounds like a todo list for skeltoac
[18:00] <rbore1> yep
[18:00] <mumbles_laptop> how about backup being intrigated as well?
[18:01] <photomatt_lap> mumbles_laptop: I think for this release, the import/export is enough
[18:01] <photomatt_lap> we can expand that in future versions
[18:02] <mumbles_laptop> thats ok, as long as its down on the lists of things to do
[18:02] * Quits: SplitInfinity
[18:02] <photomatt_lap> the XML is theoretically extendable
[18:03] <photomatt_lap> next up!
[18:03] <photomatt_lap> international forums
[18:03] <photomatt_lap> any i18n folks here?
[18:03] <undersigned> hmm if widgets are to be default, the default widgets should get its validation errors fixed before release
[18:03] <undersigned> imho
[18:03] <photomatt_lap> undersigned: of course
[18:04] <photomatt_lap> so I wrote a MU-type wrapper for bbpress
[18:04] <photomatt_lap> so we can have international forums for different languages
[18:04] <photomatt_lap> the first folks to use it will be NL
[18:04] <photomatt_lap> whatever NL stands for
[18:04] <photomatt_lap> netherlands I think :)
[18:04] <undersigned> neat
[18:04] <undersigned> yea
[18:04] <photomatt_lap> they have a site up at http://nl.wordpress.net/
[18:04] <photomatt_lap> which is a REALLY good port of wordpress.org
[18:05] <photomatt_lap> the forums are at http://nl.forums.wordpress.org/
[18:05] <photomatt_lap> it shares the wp.org login system
[18:05] <photomatt_lap> which I think is kinda cool
[18:05] <mdawaffe> hot
[18:05] <rbore1> badass
[18:06] <photomatt_lap> so if any two-letter country wants a forum, I can set one up in < 5 minutes
[18:06] <photomatt_lap> the catches!
[18:06] <photomatt_lap> bbpress in not gettexted
[18:07] <photomatt_lap> so there is no way to localize them right now
[18:07] <rbore1> we can get volunteers for that
[18:07] <photomatt_lap> can we?
[18:07] <rbore1> I think so
[18:07] <photomatt_lap> once that's done, I think this would be a really powerful tool for bringing together the different communities
[18:07] <rbore1> If we provide the
[18:07] <rbore1> basics
[18:08] <nettrust> brb
[18:08] * Quits: nettrust ("GlowNdark Script @ http://GlowNdark.hypermart.net/i"�)
[18:08] <photomatt_lap> fortunately bbpress is a lot smaller than wordpress
[18:08] <photomatt_lap> so fewer strings to redo
[18:08] <rbore1> less legacy
[18:08] <photomatt_lap> but if anyone wants to have a whack at it, I'd happily provide commit access to the repo
[18:08] <photomatt_lap> so ping me
[18:09] <rbore1> I can get it rolling
[18:09] <photomatt_lap> I'm going to start working on the strings as well, but it's a very parallelizable (sp?) task
[18:09] <mdawaffe> photomatt_lap: I hope to have more time this summer, but life as a grad student is a little tough.
[18:09] <rbore1> might nee a bb-i18n repo
[18:09] <photomatt_lap> mdawaffe: if you need somebody offed, just say the word and I'll tell guido
[18:09] <PotterSys> i want to help while we're on strike ;)
[18:10] <mdawaffe> ha
[18:10] <photomatt_lap> PotterSys: strike?
[18:10] <PotterSys> yeah, almost the 3rd week
[18:10] <photomatt_lap> who is striking what, and where?
[18:11] <PotterSys> it's about the quality of chilean education
[18:11] <PotterSys> it started some days before May 21st
[18:11] <photomatt_lap> gotcha
[18:11] <photomatt_lap> interesting
[18:11] <photomatt_lap> good luck with that!
[18:12] <PotterSys> well, Mrs. Bachelet took some measures before go the USA
[18:12] <PotterSys> but lots of students think it's not enough
[18:12] <photomatt_lap> okay, so we have rbore1, mdawaffe, PotterSys, and myself
[18:12] <photomatt_lap> anyone else?
[18:12] <photomatt_lap> get valuable printf skills for your resume!
[18:13] <rbore1> ping wp-i18n list
[18:13] <```go> i missed it what?
[18:13] <photomatt_lap> okay, 4 should be enough, it's not too big
[18:13] <photomatt_lap> done!
[18:13] <photomatt_lap> final item: Theme viewer status Silkjaer
[18:13] <photomatt_lap> who is silkjaer, is he here?
[18:13] <undersigned> yes
[18:13] <undersigned> me
[18:13] <undersigned> :)
[18:13] <photomatt_lap> ah, cool
[18:14] <photomatt_lap> undersigned: it's all you
[18:14] <photomatt_lap> what's up?
[18:14] <undersigned> ive made some progress on the new system
[18:14] <undersigned> 2 secs
[18:15] <undersigned> Done: handling themes, theme snapshotting, theme uploading, download counter, theme rating (only when commenting), and sorting options
[18:15] <mdawaffe> is it live?
[18:15] <undersigned> all themes can be sorted by tags, date, title, downloads and rating
[18:16] <undersigned> mdawaffe: http://themes.wordpress.net/dev/
[18:16] <undersigned> i havent uploaded the last corrections on the theme rating stuff, but it is done..
[18:17] <undersigned> only steps left is the uploading frontend, tagging the current themes, create a predefined tag list and a design
[18:17] <photomatt_lap> awesome!
[18:17] <photomatt_lap> I'm clicking around the site now, digging it
[18:17] <undersigned> :0)
[18:18] <undersigned> havent cared about the look yet though.. but the system should work fluidly
[18:18] <mdawaffe> undersigned: search?
[18:18] <undersigned> mdawaffe: done too
[18:18] <mdawaffe> cool
[18:19] <undersigned> mdawaffe: its actually just a basic wordpress install.. every theme has a post.. the posts id is used for the snapshot, theme download file, theme folder name on the test blog etc.. and theme title and description etc as post content..
[18:19] <photomatt_lap> when do you think it'll be ready for public consumption?
[18:19] <undersigned> well.. i need some help to get the current themes tagged
[18:20] <undersigned> and hear if its ok to just use the wp.org design
[18:20] <photomatt_lap> it's okay to use the wp.org design
[18:20] <undersigned> neat
[18:20] <photomatt_lap> (for this :))
[18:21] <undersigned> well.. uploading front-end, tag-list and design could be done within a week
[18:21] <undersigned> then only tagging the current themes is the time-taker
[18:21] <photomatt_lap> and then we could solicit people to tag on #wordpress or at the next meetup
[18:21] <photomatt_lap> maybe a ping to wp-docs or wp-forums would help too
[18:21] <undersigned> yea
[18:22] <undersigned> ill finish up the viewer and ping the forums when its done..
[18:23] <photomatt_lap> cool
[18:23] <undersigned> Furthermore, I have been talking a little with Matt Read .. He has made that Installer plugin ...
[18:23] <photomatt_lap> let me know if you need anything
[18:23] <photomatt_lap> just email me
[18:23] <undersigned> sure
[18:23] <undersigned> on the theme viewer the themes ID is visible in the url (on single pages).. thats not a mistake
[18:24] <undersigned> im planning to use the ID as the themes official theme viewer ID and in cooperation with matt read, create a theme installer plugin
[18:24] <undersigned> that, by typing in a theme viewer, theme-id, automatically grabs the theme and installs it
[18:25] <photomatt_lap> interesting
[18:25] <photomatt_lap> sounds cool like the other side of the pillow
[18:25] <undersigned> or at least - some plugin in that direction
[18:25] <photomatt_lap> and potential core for 2.2 or later
[18:25] <undersigned> as a future project :)
[18:25] <undersigned> would be great
[18:26] <photomatt_lap> alrighty
[18:26] <undersigned> thats all from me
[18:26] <photomatt_lap> we're at a respectable 1.5 hours
[18:27] <photomatt_lap> let's wrap it up for this week
[18:27] <photomatt_lap> thank you all for coming out and sharing your afternoon/evening
[18:27] <photomatt_lap> see you next week :)
[18:27] <photomatt_lap> </meetup>
[18:27] <undersigned> cya

Back to IRC Meetups