Português do Brasil •
(Add your language)
The "Press This" function allows quick publishing with a special web browser bookmarklet. You can create a post by quoting some text, images, and videos on any web page.
- Create the Press This bookmarklet from the Tools menu in the WordPress Administration Panel.
- While browsing, select some text (optional) and click the bookmarklet in your browser's favorite (bookmark).
- Edit the content in the invoked pop-up window.
- Save or publish the post.
Using this bookmarklet to publish posts does not pass the $_POST['post_type'] variable with the value of "post".
The bookmark calls http://example.com/wp-admin/press-this.php?u=&t=&s=&i=
- u = the url of the current page
- t = the title of the current page
- s = the text selection from the current page
- i = url of an image file
Edit the bookmark within your browser to change the values passed if necessary.
- When I use Press This sometimes a get a NOT FOUND page. I just change the address from u=http%3A%2F%2F to u= and it works fine. I do notice I have to copy and paste the new address in a new tab in firefox when doing this.
- End users can edit the properties of their bookmark to alleviate the 404 Not Found problem. In your browser bookmarks folder or on the bookmark bar, right-click the Press This bookmark, select Edit or Properties, and then change this: