Português do Brasil •
(Add your language)
On October 24, 2013, WordPress Version 3.7, named for Count Basie, was released to the public. For more information on this enhancement and bug-fix release, read the WordPress Blog, the Release Post, and see the Changelog for 3.7.
For Version 3.7, the database version (db_version in wp_options) changed to 25824, and the Trac revision was r25913.
You might not notice a thing, and we’re okay with that.
- Background Updates
- Automatic updates for maintenance and security updates.
- Daily updates for developers using nightly builds.
- Stronger Password Meter
- New password meter to encourage users to choose stronger passwords.
- Improved Search
- More relevant search results.
- Better Global Support
- Localized versions will receive faster and more complete translations.
- Background updates will include translations
Under The Hood
- Optional filters for background updates, to allow for fine-grained control
- Advanced Date Queries for posts now includes date ranges, older/newer than options, and more
- Multisite now has
wp_get_sites() to list all sites on the network
- Make shift + click selection of checkboxes work in both directions
- Add RTL body classes to iFrames in the back-end
- Actually limit password-protected post passwords to the 20-character limit
- Display an error message when logging in with cookies disabled
- Fix issue with failed searches reverting to previous search criteria
- Fix bad styling when bulk actions are disabled for custom post types
- Add the image file size information in the attachment editing screen
- Fix issue with orderby attribute getting removed from updated [gallery] shortcodes
- Stop linking to non-public post types from media screens
- Add commenter IP address on the Edit Comment screen
- Remove generated avatars from comment moderation screens
- Make email recipients filterable in wp_notify_moderator()
- Add ability to filter comment screen by post type
- Only show a custom header image preview when an image is actually set
- Display Customizer control descriptions
- Enable the Customizer to load the home URL
- Fix plugin search errors related to PHP 5.4
- Ensure that the user_activation_key is hashed in the database
- Trim leading and trailing spaces from passwords when saving
- Streamline the behavior of the default password nag after login
- Make list table row actions keyboard accessible
- Fix issue with a broken "Close" button on refresh in the Customizer
- Improve default color contrast ratios in the default themes
- After a post is updated, only focus the "Title" field if it's empty
- Fix terms with a post count of 0 returning if 'hide_empty' is true.
- Fix allowing https URL enclosures
- Fixed bug with is_day by checking bad dates and redirect, instead of 404ing.
- Avoid using the *_exists() functionality on ncFTPd servers
- Allow a WP_Error return from register_new_user()
- Hide the custom header image preview unless an image is set
- Add signup_id primary key to $wpdb->signups
- Fix issue with deleting terms shared across taxonomies from deleting associated nav menus
- Cast $labels to array in get_taxonomy_labels() and _get_custom_object_labels() to avoid failure
- Correct rewrite tag for hierarchical post types without a query_var.
Actions & Filters
- zxcvbn (password strength meter)