(Add your language)
Used on single post permalink pages, this template tag displays a link to the next post which exists in chronological order from the current post.
This tag must be used in The Loop.
<?php next_post_link($format, $link, $in_same_cat = false, $excluded_categories = ''); ?>
- (string) (Optional) Format string for the link. This is where to control what comes before and after the link. '%link' in string will be replaced with whatever is declared as 'link' (see next parameter). 'Go to %link' will generate "Go to <a href=..." Put HTML tags here to style the final results.
- Default: '%link »'
- (string) (Optional) Link text to display.
- Default: '%title' (next post's title)
- (boolean) (optional) Indicates whether next post must be within the same category as the current post. If set to 'true', only posts from the current category will be displayed. If the post is in both the parent and subcategory, or more than one category, the next post link will lead to the next post in any of those categories.
- 1 (true)
- 0 (false)(default)
- Default: false
- (string/array) (optional) Array or a comma-separated list of numeric category IDs from which the next post should not be listed. Note: Previous versions of WordPress used to have IDs separated by " and ". Example: '1 and 5 and 15'
- Default: None
Displays link with the post title of the next post (chronological post date order), followed by a right angular quote (»).
<?php next_post_link(); ?>
Bold Post Title As Link
Displays link with next chronological post's title wrapped in 'strong' tags (typically sets text to bold).
<?php next_post_link('<strong>%link</strong>'); ?>
Text As Link, Without Post Title, Within Same Category
Displays custom text as link to the next post within the same category as the current post. Post title is not included here. "Next post in category" is the custom text, which can be changed to fit your requirements.
<?php next_post_link('%link', 'Next post in category', TRUE); ?>
Within Same Category, Excluding One
Displays link to next post in the same category, as long as it is not in category 13 (the category ID #). You can change the number to any category you wish to exclude. Exclude multiple categories by using " and " as a delimiter.
<?php next_post_link('%link', 'Next post in category', TRUE, '13'); ?>
See also previous_post_link().