Revision as of 19:17, 16 January 2009
Users → Authors & Users
The Users Authors and Users SubPanel allows you to add, change, or delete, your site's users. In addition, you can search for users, and you can make bulk changes and deletions to a selected group of users.
Back to الجريدة الحرة دخول.
- Search Users
- At the top right of the User Table is a search box to help find users. Enter a string in the box and click the "Search users" box. Any User that contains the search string in the Username, Name, E-mail, or Website fields will be displayed, by Role. You can then add, change, and delete those users. A "No matching users were found! " message will be displayed if no Users can be found that match the search string you entered.
- Filter Users
- Just above the User Table, are filter links to All Users, and to links to Users belonging to the each of the various Roles. Clicking on one of those links, say Subscribers, will display all the Users assigned the Subscriber Role. Click on All Users to again display all the Users in the table.
The second section of the Authors and Users SubPanel displays a table of all the users listed by Username order.
- Screen Options
- Under the top shaded area is the Screen Options hanging tab. Clicking on that hanging tab reveals the Show on screen choices of E-Mail, Role, and Posts checkboxes. Unchecking a box causes a column to be not shown in the Table below, and, of course, checking a box causes that column to be displayed in the Table below.
- Delete Users
- At the top, and bottom, of the table is the Bulk Actions pull-down box. In this particular SubPanel, only the Delete action is allowed. Any User that has the checkbox (left of User Image/Username) set, will be deleted when the Delete button is clicked. On clicking the Delete button, a Delete Users panel will display with a message "You have specified these users for deletion:" with a list of the Users you are deleting with the following question:
- What should be done with posts and links owned by this user?
- Delete all posts and links - Check this radio button and click the Confirm Deletion button to delete the User(s) as well as any posts and links attributed to those User(s).
- Attribute all posts and links to - Check this radio button, select a User from the adjacent drop-down box, and click the Confirm Deletion button to attribute all the posts and links for the Deleted User(s) to the User you selected in the pulldown box. Upon successful completion of the deletion process, a splash message box near the top of the panel will display "x user(s) deleted".
- Change User Role
- To the right of the Action pull-down box is the Change role to pull-down box. Select a Role, and all the Users that have the checkbox (left of Username) checked, will be changed to that Role upon clicking the Change button. Upon successful completion of the changes, a splash box with the message "Changed roles." will display.
- User Table
- The table of Users contains the following columns:
- [ ] check box - Check this box if this user is to be affected by the Delete or Change User Role functions. There is also a checkbox in the column header to the left of the text Username--click that checkbox to cause all Users to be checked.
- User Image - Avatar for this particular user.
- Username - The login of the User. To edit a User, click on the Username link, the Users Your Profile SubPanel will then display for you to make the necessary changes. Also note that if you hover the mouse anywhere over the whole row for a particular user, the Edit and Delete links will be made visible for use. The current logged in user will not have the Delete link revealed.
- Name - The first and last names of the User.
- E-mail - The User's e-mail address.
- Role - The Role assigned to that User.
- Posts - The number of Posts written by that User. Click on that number to be directed to the Posts Edit SubPanel to view or edit the Posts written by this User. All users have a unique identification number which WordPress uses to identify users internally. To determine that User ID, hover the mouse over the Posts number link, and the User ID (author=x) will be revealed as part of the URL in the browser status bar.
Back to Administration Panels.