(Add your language)
The Audio feature allows you to embed audio files and play them back using a simple Shortcode. This was added as of WordPress 3.6 and is used like this:
You can also use build in embeds and simply put the media file on it's own line:
My cool content
More cool content
I have an old post that has an audio file in the Media Library attached to it, and I want to use the new shortcode:
I have the URL for an MP3, from the Media Library or external, that I want to play:
I have a source URL and fallbacks for other HTML5-supported filetypes:
[audio mp3="source.mp3" ogg="source.ogg" wav="source.wav"]
The following basic options are supported:
- (string) (optional) The source of your audio file. If not included it will auto-populate with the first audio file attached to the post. You can use the following options to define specific filetypes, allowing for graceful fallbacks:
- 'mp3', 'm4a', 'ogg', 'wav', 'wma'
- Default: First audio file attached to the post
- (string) (optional) Allows for the looping of media.
- "off" - Do not loop the media.
- "on" - Media will loop to beginning when finished and automatically continue playing.
- Default: "off"
- (string) (optional) Causes the media to automatically play as soon as the media file is ready.
- "off" - Do not automatically play the media.
- "on" - Media will play as soon as it is ready.
- Default: "off"
- (string) (optional) Specifies if and how the audio should be loaded when the page loads. Defaults to "none".
- "none" - The audio should not be loaded when the page loads.
- "auto" - The audio should be loaded entirely when the page loads.
- "metadata" - Only metadata should be loaded when the page loads.
- Default: "none"
The audio shortcode is located in
Function wp audio shortcode