Announcement: New forum sites creation is currently on hold whilst we work on upgrading existing and using the new bbPress 2.x forums plugin. The information below is now out of date and will no longer be needed with our new setup. You will need to add translations for bbPress 2.x though. Please contact the Polyglots team for further updates. Updated 24th February 2015
Every localization team can have a WordPress forum in their language, hosted on WordPress.org.
How to get local forums?
- Choose forums URL slug. Usually your locale does a good job. For example, the URL of the Bulgarian forums is http://bg.forums.wordpress.org/
- Choose forums title, something like Bulgarian Forums, but in your language.
- Choose the name and description for your first forum.
- Translate the POT file of the bbPress theme used in the forums and commit it to http://i18n.svn.wordpress.org/your-locale/rosetta/wporg-bbpress-theme.po
- Translate the Support Forum bbPress plugin's POT file and commit it to http://i18n.svn.wordpress.org/your-locale/rosetta/support-forum.po
- Translate trunk of bbPress. Of course, there is a POT file for it too. If you still don't have commit access for the bbPress i18n repository, post a request on the Polyglots' blog.
- Send the collected information to the Polyglots' blog.