Português do Brasil •
(Add your language)
What is a theme framework?
Frameworks are for theme developers. They offer a set of standards for theme developers to use in creating their own themes. They’re a set of functions/features created to aid development.
How Frameworks Work?
- Frameworks come packaged within a single folder.
- Developers drop the framework folder into a new parent theme and load the framework.
- Users create a child theme based on the parent theme to house their customizations, allowing both the framework and parent theme to be updated.
Some examples of such frameworks include:
Commercial framework examples:
Functionality Included in Theme Frameworks
Some Theme Frameworks will include pre-defined code to facilitate further Theme development, such as:
- Custom functions to be used in the Theme
- Custom action hooks used in the Theme template
- Custom filter hooks used to output Theme content
- Theme options page integration
- Custom callbacks for core WordPress action and filter hooks
- Script library integration and functionality, e.g. jQuery sliders