While I'm known as Kim in real life and in most OSS projects where I'm a contributor, in the WordPress forums and the WordPress i18n repository I'm known as ruckus. Most Finns I know call me Kimmo, while people of other nationatilities tend to use Kim.
Who Is Kimmo Suominen
For more about me, please visit i summon one kim.
Working on WordPress
WordPress in Finnish is complete, and I'm moving my focus over to Codex, time permitting. I also keep reviewing commits to the WordPress SVN repository regularly to keep the Finnish translation up-to-date.
On the Codex I've started a Codex Translation Roadmap, which I hope to expand as I get started and make progress. I'm grateful to have already received feedback and help from others working on Codex. I'm also very excited about the prospect of other Finns joining in.
- Muuntaa aiheluettelon lauseeksi, jonka viimeinen alkio on yhdistetty ja-sanalla. Jokaisen aiheen linkin kuvaus muunnetaan lauseeksi Näytä kaikki XXX kirjoitetut artikkelit, missä XXX on aiheen nimi.
- Character Set Conversions
- This plugin is needed to operate a site using a character set other than UTF-8, if non-ASCII characters are used in themes or the administration interface. Generally all languages other than English use non-ASCII characters.
- Disable the automatic
rel="nofollow" attributes added to external links in comments. Optionally you can also set a comment age limit for adding the attributes.
- Finnish Quotes
- Modify the curly quotes to adhere to the quote mark rules for Finnish.
- Format Excerpt (1.5 Bug Fix)
- Add missing formatting filters for generated excerpts and RSS excerpts. You probably want to enable this if you are using Markdown, Textile or other markup filters.
- Multibyte Mail
- This plugin allows 8-bit and multibyte characters to be used safely in the From:, Reply-To: and Subject: headers.
- Time Zone
- Automatic daylight saving time switching. Optionally specify the time zone to be used.
- URI Crumb
- Create a breadcrumb based on the requested URI. (Only works with pretty permalinks for now.)