(Add your language)
On November 20, 2014, WordPress 4.0.1 was released to the public and WordPress 3.8.5 was released as an automatic security update for WordPress 3.8.4.
To download WordPress 3.8.5, update automatically from the Dashboard > Updates menu in your site's admin area or visit https://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/.
For step-by-step instructions on installing and updating WordPress:
If you are new to WordPress, we recommend that you begin with the following:
From the announcement post:
- Three cross-site scripting issues that a contributor or author could use to compromise a site.
- A cross-site request forgery that could be used to trick a user into changing their password.
- An issue that could lead to a denial of service when passwords are checked.
- Additional protections for server-side request forgery attacks when WordPress makes HTTP requests.
- An extremely unlikely hash collision could allow a user’s account to be compromised, that also required that they haven’t logged in since 2008 (I wish I were kidding).
- WordPress now invalidates the links in a password reset email if the user remembers their password, logs in, and changes their email address.
List of Files Revised