On March 6, 2017, WordPress 3.9.17 was released to the public.
To download WordPress 3.9.17, update automatically from the Dashboard > Updates menu in your site's admin area or visit https://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/.
For step-by-step instructions on installing and updating WordPress:
If you are new to WordPress, we recommend that you begin with the following:
From the WordPress 4.7.3 release post: WordPress versions 4.7.2 and earlier are affected by six security issues:
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via media file metadata. Reported by Chris Andrè Dale, Yorick Koster, and Simon P. Briggs.
- Control characters can trick redirect URL validation. Reported by Daniel Chatfield.
- Unintended files can be deleted by administrators using the plugin deletion functionality. Reported by xuliang.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via video URL in YouTube embeds. Reported by Marc Montpas.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via taxonomy term names. Reported by Delta.
- Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) in Press This leading to excessive use of server resources. Reported by Sipke Mellema.
List of Files Revised